Williamsville is a village in Erie County, in New York State. It covers an area of one square mile, and is located mostly within the town of Amherst, but Creek Road and Creek Heights in the south part of the village (near the Wehrle Drive underpass of the New York State Thruway) are in the town of Cheektowaga. Williamsville is 2 miles southeast of Amherst and 8 miles northeast of Buffalo. Williamsville was named in honor of one of the region’s early settlers, Jonas Williams. Williams was a miller, who built the first mill in the village in 1811. It was officially incorporated as a village in 1850.
The business environment in Williamsville encompasses commercial businesses that support the residents and tourist trade in the village. There are small office suites available, some restaurants, and small chain hotels, such as Super 8 and La Quinta.
Entertainment And Dining Out
There are plenty of things to see and do in Williamsville, including the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society, the Buffalo Museum of Science, the Darwin Martin House State Historic Site, the Millard Fillmore House, and the Old Fort Niagara State Historic Site. Artpark, Beaver Island State Park and Devils Hole State Park are the local parks. The Aquarium of Niagara is nearby as well. Glen Park Tavern offers fish fry’s on Friday nights, and the tavern is well known for their burgers. They also serve prime rib, and a variety of seafood. The Glen Park Tavern was established in 1887. The Protocol Restaurant offers lunch, dinner, drinks, and a seafood market. They advertise the best seafood in Western New York, and a casual elegant atmosphere. They also offer an amazing variety of beef and lamb dishes.
Being as small as it is, getting around on foot in Williamsville is no problem. The closest airport is Buffalo Niagara International Airport. Interstate 90 is the longest interstate freeway in the United States stretching across the north of the country from coast to coast.