For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is SOS, with registered address at 1st Floor, 7-10 Chandos Street, London, W1G 9DQ, UK.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
SOS will only use the details provided by you as part of your registration:
• to send periodic emails;
• for the purposes of your registration and the administration of the SOS website;
• for the business purposes of SOS;
• to contact you (including sending information and updates relating to any order, questions or requests) or for the provision of customer services; and
• to supply such details to any operators or landlords of suitable office accommodation or business centers that are registered with SOS to enable them to make contact with you at their discretion.
If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes unless you have asked us not to do so at registration or afterwards.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the circumstances set out above;
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If SOS or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
Search Office Space
SOS Worldwide Limited’s principal place of business in the UK is:
• Stanmore Business & Innovation Centre, Howard Road, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 1GB, United Kingdom
• 1500 Broadway, 5th Floor, Suite 505, New York, NY 10036, United States
This document was last updated April 2017